Whether you embrace the term or not omni-channel is the new reality in retail. Customers expect to shop anywhere, anytime, and when they choose to conduct business within the four walls of the store they demand a highly personalized, engaging experience.
Providing shoppers with a next-gen, highly engrossing experience that exudes cool is impossible without mobility. Mobile-equipped associates are able to check customers out from anywhere on the sales floor, order out of stock items with a few swipes of their finger, and wow shoppers with a level of personalized service that has been missing from the shopping journey for decades.
Mobility is Key to an Engaging Retail Experience
Arming associates with mobile devices is a must-have
The true business case for mPOS is associate enablement, and those retailers that align their organisations around enabling the associate with digital devices stand to deliver more meaning to associates, customers and the bottom line.
Forrester Research, 2015
By untethering associates from the cash wrap and equipping them with access to customer information on the go retailers empower their workforces to seamlessly connect with shoppers as if they have been servicing them for years, even if it their first interaction. Thanks to access to deep clienteling information in the palm of their hands associates are able to transition from being a stoic fixture behind the counter to an active member in the customer’s path to purchase, helping to increase sales and build shopper loyalty.
Although just one tool in the retailer toolkit, mobility is quickly becoming a must have for retailers hoping to build a differentiated brand experience — one based on old-school service and new-school cool. Retailers rely on associates to be the face of the brand and must equip their front-time staff with the tools necessary to turn an average experience into a memorable one.
Benefits of Surefire Mobile POS
The Surefire solution uses cloud services to extend and complement your existing IT investments and deliver four key capabilities:
- Sell and take payment anywhere and at any time – in store, sidewalk, pop-up or at events or marketplaces
- A full retail product and pricing system capable of running offline and online for both mobile and self-service retail applications
- Easy to use mobile and tablet application functionality familiar to your staff and friendly to your customers
- Payment integration giving you a complete transaction record (versus simply taking payment via a mobile pin pad and having to reconcile financial administration later)
Surefire have a long and successful history of working closely and collaboratively with retailers in applying technology to effectively improve store operations. Surefire have been successfully delivering retail solutions in Australia for more than 20 years.
- Queue busting in peak periods
- Sell at the shelf
- Sell at promotional stand or pop-up stores
- Email customers a receipt
- Stock lookup
- Staff productivity / Operational Improvements
- Use Store greeters to perform sales on the spot
- Ability to check product, pricing and product data
Engaged Workers Equals Engaged Shoppers
Retail continues to advance at breakneck pace. Although the industry is constantly evolving and pushing the innovation envelope, the tenant of a successful retail operation remains the same: connect with shoppers. Thanks to the advent of mobile technology retail associates have access to critical real-time enterprise data and are able to leverage this information to better service and engage with shoppers. No longer are employees trapped behind the cash wrap or locked in an office in the backroom, they are free to walk the sales floor and interact with shoppers and are leveraging mobility to create memorable experiences for shoppers.